The ARAB Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (ASPED) was established in a meeting held in Abu Dhabi in the U.A.E. on 8th of September 2012 upon the initiative of a group of doctors from Arabian Gulf States specialised in Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, it is a non-profit scientific Society.
- Promoting the scientific research and related topics, in the field of Paediatric Endocrinology and related areas. Publishing the results of such research, distributing and sharing them with related discipline
- Performing scientific studies for the development of applied practices
- Holding conferences, symposia, seminars and courses related to the field of Paediatric Endocrinology.
- Issuing studies and scientific journals related to the field of Endocrinology.
- Arranging scientific trips for its members and scientific competitions in Paediatric Endocrinology
- Establishing suitable headquarters helps members to meet periodically.
- Ensuring scientific meeting and continuous medical training.
- Developing and using all other appropriate means for achieving the objectives of the society.
- Cooperating with other societies and institutions with similar activities.
- Initiating, promoting and supporting programs related to the specialties of the society.
- To help establishing clinical guidelines and standards of care of the common disorders related to the specialties of the society.
- Participation in Public Health Education in problems and disease related to the endocrine and diabetes.
- Issuing booklets, letters, etc for public health education.