Ensuring high standard of care and development in the field of Paediatric Endocrinology and diabetes in the Arab region.
ARAB Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (ASPED) was established in a meeting held in Abu Dhabi, UAE on 8th of September 2012 upon the initiative of a group of doctors from Arab Gulf States specialized in Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, it is a non-profit scientific Society.
The mission of the society is to provide the highest quality of patient care by supporting education, training and scientific research towards the medical society. The conference of the society is one of the major activities that provides the clinical skills and knowledge needed to deliver the best quality of care.
We work closely with other regional and international societies from related specialties in order to promote more comprehensive learning. Our educational foundation provides specific education in these subspecialties for more tailored education.
Our Vision and Objectives
- Promoting the scientific research and related topics, in the field of Paediatric Endocrinology and related areas. Publishing the results of such research, distributing and sharing them with related discipline
- Performing scientific studies for the development of applied practices
- Holding conferences, symposia, seminars and courses related to the field of Paediatric Endocrinology.
- Issuing studies and scientific journals related to the field of Endocrinology.
- Arranging scientific trips for its members and scientific competitions in Paediatric Endocrinology
- Establishing suitable headquarters helps members to meet periodically.
- Ensuring scientific meeting and continuous medical training.
- Developing and using all other appropriate means for achieving the objectives of the society.
- Cooperating with other societies and institutions with similar activities.
- Initiating, promoting and supporting programs related to the specialties of the society.
- To help establishing clinical guidelines and standards of care of the common disorders related to the specialties of the society.
- Participation in Public Health Education in problems and disease related to the endocrine and diabetes.
- Issuing booklets, letters, etc for public health education.